Wednesday 8 January 2014

> Winter wonderland...

I think winter is wonderful and count myself ever fortunate to live in Oxfordshire, where I can open my front door and walk out onto fields and woodlands. When we have those glorious mornings with thick white frost, or better still, fresh and pure snow with endless cloudless pale blue skies, it doesn't get any better for me. Seeing the structure of de-foliated vegetation and the beauty of traditional village architecture takes my breath away. And it makes me supremely happy.

These images by Sarah Howard are in the current Cotswold Life magazine. The lovely Arlington Row cottages in Bibury (William Morris described it as "the most beautiful village in England") with a light dusting of snow. A field with solitary sheep on the Blenheim Estate (through which I go running... sometimes!) and the entrance to a softly sunlit meadow with a crisp frost.

Happy days.





0 comments:

Post a Comment